Charming 1930s retreat with panoramic ocean views
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-33949
Set on 37-acres of jaw-dropping hinterland on Hayters Hill - minutes’ drive from Byron Bay - Eastlands is a secluded 4 bedroom family home with a rich history and a view that’s to-die-for. Built in 1937, the home is neatly perched on an escarpment, offering breath-taking 180-degree panoramic views of Byron Bay, farmland, and the big, blue Pacific Ocean.
Inside, this lovingly renovated, free-flowing home is designed to maximise the spectacular landscape that surrounds the property. High ceilings and floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows feature throughout, while the home’s open plan living spaces, as well as 2 of the 4 bedrooms, flow onto 3 generous verandahs that wrap around the property. There’s plenty of space to entertain and unwind with 2 comfy lounge areas, plus indoor and outdoor dining suites to enjoy the company of family and friends among your peaceful surroundings.
The grounds of Eastlands are a sight to behold with gorgeous greenery as far as the eye can see, and Byron’s world-famous lighthouse and the glittering Pacific Ocean all part of your viewing pleasure.
Located just 5km from both Byron Bay and Suffolk Park, Eastlands delivers the best of country living with the bush and beach on your doorstep. This property is perfect for family and friends, and those who wish to step away from the hustle and bustle, where guests can enjoy some time in a character-filled home, with a big old rambling garden and a glorious vista.
- 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 8 (maximum 6 adults)
- Renovated 1930s home on scenic Hayters Hills
- 37-acre north-facing property, offering 180-degree panoramic views of Byron Bay
- 3 covered verandahs with seating and BBQ
- Verandah access from master bedroom and sleep out
- Dual living spaces with fireplace (starter pack of wood & kindling provided)
- Spacious, country-style kitchen
- Ceiling fans in living room and all bedrooms (no air conditioning)
- Pet-friendly on request (rural property with livestock in paddocks)
- 5km drive to at Byron Bay and Suffolk Park
- Non-covered parking for up to 6 vehicles
Open plan in design, Eastlands boasts 2 separate living areas, allowing guests flexibility and space to truly unwind during their stay. The comfy lounge space is centered around a traditional, pot belly-style fireplace (starter pack of firewood and kindling provided), with a roomy sofa and Smart TV completing the room. Just beyond, there’s an additional lounge and seating area that’s neatly perched next to the verandah, making it the ideal spot to take in a glorious sunrise over the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Dining and Cooking
The home’s inviting, country-style kitchen is beautifully placed to gaze out to the scenery, and equipped with plenty of bench space to whip up meals during your stay. The well-equipped cookery features an electric oven and induction cooktop, as well as a coffee machine (starter pack of coffee provided) and dishwasher (kitchen does not include a microwave). No matter the occasion, dine in comfort at Eastlands. There’s a handsome, family sized timber suite positioned inside, plus an 8-seat table and gas BBQ available on the verandah just off the kitchen.
Eastlands features 4 comfortable and generously sized bedrooms, each with a relaxed feel, true to the property’s farm roots. Wooden floorboards and ceiling fans feature throughout each space, while the master bedroom, as well as the sleep out, both open out to sections of the verandah, allowing guests to slip outside to soak-up the gorgeous countryside.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8, maximum 6 adults):
- Bedroom 1 (master bedroom): king, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe, external door for private entry and exit to the verandah
- Bedroom 2: queen, ceiling fan, TV, small wardrobe
- Bedroom 3: double, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 (sleep out): 2 x singles, ceiling fan, external door for private entry and exit to the verandah
Eastlands’ all-in-one bathroom features a long, slender design that includes a standalone bathtub, plus a walk-in shower that offers stunning views of the surrounding bushland. To really enjoy the sensational scenery, crack open the frosted louver windows and let the crisp ocean breeze flow inside.
- Bathroom 1: walk-in shower, bath, toilet, double vanity
- Separate toilet (off laundry)
For guest convenience, there’s a laundry room - equipped with a top-loading washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board - positioned off the verandah at the entry to the home.
Undoubtedly, Eastlands’ most stunning feature is its sprawling grounds that overlook Byron Bay’s rolling hills and its world-famous lighthouse. Kick back on one of the 3 verandahs, wander down to the firepit and gaze out to the beauty beyond, or spend some time admiring the livestock that roam the surrounding paddocks.
Eastlands is pet-friendly, however, this is a rural property with livestock in the surrounding paddocks. Wallabies and bush turkeys also roam the grounds of the property, making it not suitable for some types of pets. Please contact our reservations team to discuss prior to booking. Terms and conditions apply.
Non-covered parking is available for up to 6 vehicles on property, adjacent to the house.
Situated on scenic Hayters Hill, Eastlands is a pleasurable 5km drive to both The Bay and Suffolk, unlocking endless shopping, dining and beach possibilities. The home backs onto Hayters Hill Nature Reserve - a magnet for local wildlife and rainforest birds - with Byron Bay Golf Club a mere 5 minute drive away. The inviting ocean is close by with Tallow Beach (6km) your closest option at Suffolk Park, plus Broken Head Beach (8km) a short 10 minute journey from home. For daytrippers, drives to the gorgeous towns of Bangalow (7.5km) and Lennox Head (17km) are highly recommended for those who enjoy exploring boutique shops, cafes and markets.
- Pet Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Additional Toilet
- Private House
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms
- Coffee Machine
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Non Smoking
- Smart TV
- Streaming Service
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay