Scandinavian-inspired timber home, 300m from beach
HOT DEAL - 20% off all September
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32486
Nestled 300m from South Golden Beach, Golden Hus is a spacious Scandinavian-inspired home with attractive timber floors, decor and furniture throughout. Named after the Swedish word for ‘house’, this charming 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom property features split-level living and sleeping quarters, plus a stylish wraparound timber verandah that’s ideal for entertaining and relaxing.
Set on a sizeable block surrounded by lush palms and mature trees, Golden Hus impresses with a functional open plan living, dining and kitchen area that’s roomy, inviting and fit for the whole family. The well-appointed kitchen includes a collection of quality appliances, while there’s plenty of space to chill out and dish-up succulent meals indoors or out.
Golden Hus boasts 2 cheerful and light-filled bedrooms which open out to the delightful top floor verandah. There are 2 additional guest rooms downstairs - one with 2 single bunks, plus a second bedroom with a queen bed. There’s also plenty of space for guests to refresh with 3 bathrooms split across the 2 levels. Please note, both the ground floor bedrooms and bathroom can only be accessed via an external entryway.
At Golden Hus, you’re close to the action with the sparkling ocean near your doorstep, plus the Gold Coast and Byron Bay - two of Australia’s premier holiday destinations - both within easy reach by car.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 10 (max 6 adults)
- Ground floor bedrooms and bathroom accessible via external entry only
- Scandinavian-designed home with timber flooring, decor and furniture
- Spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Expansive undercover verandah with dining table
- Split-level sleeping quarters (no internal access to ground floor bedrooms)
- Gas BBQ available
- 300m walk to South Golden Beach
- Easy access to shopping and dining at Ocean Shores (6km) and Brunswick Heads (7km)
- 30 minutes’ drive to both Byron Bay and Gold Coast
- Driveway parking for 2 vehicles
Living and Dining
The home’s combined living, dining and kitchen space catches the eye with its gorgeous timber decor - highlighted by multi-coloured panels on the floors and walls. A handsome timber bench dining table - offering serene viewing of the landscaping to the front and rear of the property - sits proudly in the centre of the room, with a comfy sofa and armchairs nestled in the corner of the space. Rest comfortably with a ceiling fan cooling the room during warmer months, while a pot belly wood fireplace keeps things toasty and warm in winter. Outdoor dining is also an option from the majestic wraparound verandah at the front of the home, with a sleek dining table overlooking the property’s vibrant native garden.
The impressive timber decor extends to the chef-friendly kitchen, which includes an integrated fridge and dishwasher as part of its design. The cookery includes a smart island bench that doubles as a breakfast bar, plus there’s a collection of essential appliances, including a coffee machine (starter pack of pods provided). The kitchen features a servery window, allowing you to easily provide snacks, meals and drinks to guests on the verandah. The property also includes a gas BBQ, located on the ground level.
The home’s master and main guest bedrooms are positioned on the top floor - each opening up to the wraparound verandah, and designed to maximise natural light. Two additional bedrooms are located on the ground floor, with access to these spaces via external entry only.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, maximum 6 adults):
Bedroom 1 (master bedroom, top floor): queen, ensuite bathroom, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe, opens to verandah
Bedroom 2 (top floor): king, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe, opens to verandah
Bedroom 3 (ground floor, external access only): queen bed, ceiling fan, wardrobe
Bedroom 4 (ground floor, external access only): 2 x single bunk beds
Golden Hus’ main bathroom - positioned just off the kitchen - has the feel of a soothing sauna with timber wall panelling neatly blending with stylish grey tiles. This sleek shared bathroom includes a roomy rain shower, as well as heated flooring to keep you toasty when the cool weather hits. The master bedroom includes a quaint ensuite, while a third bathroom (accessed via an external entry point) is positioned next to the laundry on the ground floor.
- Bathroom 1 (master bedroom ensuite, top floor): shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared, top floor): shower, toilet, single vanity, heated floors
- Bathroom 3 (ground level, external access only): shower, toilet, single vanity
The home also features an outdoor hot and cold shower - ideal for rinsing off after a swim at the beach.
A spacious laundry - plenty of bench and sink space - is located on the ground floor, next to the home’s third bathroom. Here, you’ll find a washing machine, as well as a clothes line and drying rack.
The spacious undercover timber verandah is a favourite place for guests to kick back and unwind - a space to enjoy your tropical surroundings and the gentle ocean breeze. The verandah includes a stylish dining table with ample seating scattered around. There’s also a gas BBQ located downstairs, as well as an outdoor sofa tucked away under the verandah. Greenery surrounds you on all sides at Golden Hus, with a sprawling tropical garden at the front of the property, and neat landscaping to the rear.
Unfortunately, this property is not pet-friendly.
Parking is available for 2 vehicles in the driveway, with additional on-street parking available. Please note, the front of the property is not fenced, and the garage is not accessible to guests.
Golden Hus is conveniently located equal distance between airports on either side of the Queensland and New South Wales border, with Gold Coast (48km) and Ballina Byron Gateway Airports (50km) a short drive away. The property delivers everything you could ever want from a beachside getaway, with South Golden Beach a gentle 300m stroll from home. Nearby Mrs Birdy (450m) is a must for delicious food, coffee and freshly baked bread, while just 2km away, you’ll find the Yum Yum Tree Cafe, plus a convenience store, bottle shop and Australia Post. The townships of Ocean Shores (6km) and Brunswick Heads (7km) are close by, while endless holiday fun can be found on the Gold Coast and in Byron Bay - both destinations are around a 30 minute drive from Golden Hus.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- 4 Bedrooms
- Streaming Service
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Golden Hus Location
Golden Hus Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay