Tropical family retreat in the Golden Grid
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31473
Welcome to Jungleland - your private, tropical escape only minutes from the centre of Byron Bay. Despite being just a short stroll away from the cafes, restaurants, and boutiques of central Byron, you’ll experience a sense of tranquility and seclusion, surrounded by lush gardens boasting an array of rainforest natives, palm trees and exotic blooms.
Split across a home and studio this property can accommodate up to 14 people (max 12 adults) in 6 bedrooms with 5 bathrooms. Offering a variety of entertaining and relaxation areas, with green canopy views from every angle, Jungleland has been cleverly designed to exude peace and tranquillity. It even boasts its own Balinese style spa pavilion designed for pure indulgence, as well as a serene swimming pool.
Beckoning from the tree-lined street, the stunning wooden heritage house is the centrepiece of Jungleland. Exterior features include gabled rooflines, exquisite hand-finished woodwork and a latticed wrap-around front veranda. The interior has been meticulously maintained and tastefully decorated in an eclectic mixture of period style and modern casual ‘Hamptons’ chic. With glass windows, wooden floors, cast iron tiled fireplaces, elaborate high ceilings and decorated cornices, this elegant home will be sure to entice.
A separate garden studio on the property is located just across the back deck and accommodates 4 people with 2 bathrooms. Just next door is the property’s piece de resistance: a stand-alone spa pavilion! This Balinese inspired pavilion has been designed as the perfect haven to wash all your cares away. Surrounded by lush tropical foliage it is here that you will unwind and relax at the end of a long day exploring the beautiful beaches and hinterland surrounds of Byron.
Located in a quiet, established street in Byron Bay, Jungleland is perfectly positioned, far enough away to enjoy pure serenity yet only walking distance from everywhere! Designed for large groups this home is the perfect backdrop for your next family reunion, special birthday celebration or just time out with a group of friends.
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, sleeps up to 14 (max 12 adults)
- 4 bedrooms in the main house plus 2 in the garden studio
- Renovated kitchen with modern appliances including SMEG gas stove
- Ducted air conditioning throughout the main house
- Ceiling fans throughout house and studio
- Swimming pool, plus a separate outdoor spa pavilion with sauna, relaxation lounge, outdoor shower room and toilet
- Gardens surround all dwellings with private tropical outlook
- Large outdoor entertaining area with seating and gas BBQ
- 2 spaces off street car parking, uncovered (one inside the gate and one outside the gate)
- 750m or a 10 minute walk to the centre of town
- 850m or 10 minute walk to Clarkes Beach
As you walk in the front door of the main house the original drawing room is the perfect place to relax and embrace this tranquil haven. Large stained-glass windows frame views out to the tropical front garden and double doors lead on to the veranda, ensuring that this light-filled breezy room oozes relaxation. The large comfy corner sofa is the perfect spot for playing board games and watching TV and movies. There is even a turntable complete with a selection of cool vinyl for when you want to enjoy some music.
The self-contained ground floor garden studio has a combined bedroom and living area. The lounge area looks out onto the gardens beyond.
With a dining table, a large outdoor entertaining deck in between the house and studio and a table on the front veranda there are many options for both formal and informal meals. It is a perfect space for laughter-filled evenings creating memories with family and friends.
Sitting along the back wall of the main house the dining room acts as the conduit to the large outdoor terrace offering a perfect indoor-outdoor mix of dining options. A classic timber feature dining table spans the length of the room which leads directly into the adjacent kitchen.
The large family kitchen in the main house - renovated in 2022 - has a central island bench providing plenty of space for cooks and helpers, essential when catering for large numbers. This well stocked kitchen has all the necessary accoutrements including a dual door LG fridge, 4 slice toaster, microwave oven and large pantry. The extra-large modern SMEG 5-burner gas stove has been cleverly placed into the kitchen cooking alcove where a wood burning stove would have once stood.
The main house boasts 3 large bedrooms on the ground floor, with french doors opening onto the verandah for two of these rooms, plus an airy light filled loft room which can sleep 4 people. The house features ducted air conditioning as well as ceiling fans. The loft space has vaulted ceilings and dormer windows looking onto the canopy of trees below. This comfortable space is the ideal family room or kids retreat.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 14, max 12 adults):
- Master bedroom: king bed, ceiling fan, reverse cycle aircon, cast iron tiled fireplace
- Bedroom 2: king bed with ceiling fan, ducted aircon and a decorative fireplace
- Bedroom 3: queen bed with ceiling fan and ducted aircon
- Bedroom 4 (loft): queen bed, 2 single beds (for children only), ducted aircon and ceiling fans
- Bedroom 5 (upstairs): king size bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 6 (downstairs): queen bed and a split system air-conditioning unit
With 3 bathrooms in the main house and another 2 in the garden studio there are plenty of options for everyone. The spa pavilion also features a shower and separate toilet.
- Bathroom 1 (downstairs, shared): freestanding clawfoot bath, separate shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (downstairs, shared): shower and single vanity
- Bathroom 3 (upstairs ensuite): shower, toilet and single vanity
- Upstairs bathroom: large bath and double shower, double basin vanity and separate toilet.
- Downstairs bathroom: shower, toilet and single vanity.
Access to the laundry is via Bathroom 1. The laundry facilities include - washing machine, dryer, wash basin, iron, ironing board.
A definite highlight is the elevated wrap-around veranda overlooking the front garden, complete with swinging cane chair for those lazy sun-kissed holiday afternoons relaxing with a book. Overlooking the canopy and feeling almost like you are in a tree house, you may never want to leave!
The large outdoor back entertaining deck is nestled between the main house and the garden studio and provides the central point between the house and studio. Accessed via large double doors leading from the dining room, it is surrounded by lush foliage and can seat up to 12 people on 2 separate tables. Complete with a large sun umbrella and festoon lights, this area is perfect for those long evening BBQs. Jungleland also includes a delightful swimming pool, allowing guests to cool off during the warmer months. The pool heat assist system is designed to maintain a temperature of 27 degrees in optimum conditions, temperatures may vary.
Unfortunately, this property is not pet friendly.
The property has off-street parking along the side driveway for 2 cars. One car park is secured behind the front gate, the other outside the front gate.
Jungleland is located in the perfect spot - just far enough away from the centre of Byron to provide a haven of tranquillity yet close enough to be able to walk everywhere. It is located in a tree-lined, established street in the Golden Grid of Byron Bay and is only a 10 minute (750m) walk to the centre of town and to Clarkes Beach (850m). Only minutes away is the well-known Top Shop, for those who need their early morning caffeine dose, and just a short stroll further on you will find the Bay Grocer and supermarkets. The track leading down to Tallows Beach is only minutes away on foot – perfect for that dawn surf. There are tennis and basketball courts nearby as well as soccer fields.
- 6+ Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 5 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Study Area
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay