Charming, 2 bedroom cottage in Byron Bay
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31583
Located in the heart of town, San Juan Surfers Cottage was one of the first market gardener homes in Byron Bay. This lovingly restored, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cottage now welcomes guests to relax, unwind and enjoy all that Byron Bay has to offer.
Inside, the original teak floorboards and rough-sawn timber wall panels create a warm rustic ambience. After a day enjoying the outdoors, settle into the living room’s plush sofa or armchair and enjoy the afternoon sunshine, filtered by the palms in the sub-tropical garden. For those who enjoy a casual movie night, the space is completed by a Smart TV with complimentary Netflix and unlimited WiFi.
The cottage sleeps up to 4 persons comfortably. There is a queen bed in the main bedroom and two single beds in the second bedroom, which can be converted to a king ensemble on request. The shared bathroom is light and bright with a modern, freestanding tub and rain shower. The wooden surfboard vanity and floor-to-ceiling subway tiles create a unique style, making this the perfect place to relax and enjoy a bubble bath or a good book.
The modern kitchen features gorgeous natural wood bench tops, a Nespresso machine, filtered water and all the equipment you need to prepare healthy snacks for yourself if you choose to dine in. French doors connect the dining room to a spacious back deck overlooking the fully fenced yard. Relax in one of the outdoor seating areas and enjoy the sea breezes while children and pets play freely in the fully fenced, secure yard.
Leave the car at home and wander down to Main Beach, or take your time and explore Byron’s famous designer boutiques - including the nearby ‘Jonson Lane’ retail precinct - as well as the town’s many cafes, restaurants and bars.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and separate toilet, sleeps 4
- Casual, beach cottage design
- Large, wrap-around veranda with outdoor dining and seating areas
- Gas Weber BBQ
- Fully fenced backyard with spacious, manicured lawn & hammock
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in both bedrooms
- Modern kitchen with updated appliances
- 6 minute walk to town (500m) and 10 minute walk to the beach
- Located opposite ‘Jonson Lane’ retail precinct
- Parking for 2 cars off street
You’ll feel right at home upon entering San Juan’s inviting living space. Grab your favourite book and curl up in the comfy armchair or switch on the Smart TV and settle into the plush sofa for a Netflix movie night. Teak floorboards and rough sawn timber wall panels give the living space a warm, rustic feel that is carried throughout the cottage.
Cooking & Dining
Light and bright, the modern, U-shaped kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare tasty meals for yourself and others. The gleaming, timber bench tops add warmth to the space, in keeping with the cottage’s casual, beach house style. The dining room seats 4 persons, with glass doors that open to the deck and provide another cosy space for outdoor dining, overlooking the tranquil garden.
The main bedroom features a queen bed, as well as a wall-mounted TV and charming built-ins. The second bedroom offers the flexibility of 2 single beds that can be converted to a king ensemble on request. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and reverse cycle air conditioning for your year-round comfort.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 4):
- Bedroom 1: 1 x queen bed
- Bedroom 2: 2 x single beds (can be converted to king on request)
After a long day of surfing, shopping, and exploring Byron Bay, is there anything more relaxing than an indulgent bubble bath? The bathroom features a deep, freestanding tub and, if you’re not in the mood for a relaxing soak, there is a separate modern rain shower encased by glass. San Juan’s bathroom is flooded with natural light and you’ll love the ample space provided by the wooden surfboard-shaped vanity countertop and generous shelving behind the mirror. Getting ready is a breeze in here!
- Bathroom 1: Freestanding bath, shower, toilet
- Separate toilet and private shower in laundry area
Outdoor Dining & Entertaining:
Relax and unwind on the spacious, wrap-around veranda overlooking the garden. Located just off the dining room through sliding glass doors, the deck provides a welcoming space to entertain a few friends, with ample dining and seating space. Simply kick off your shoes, nestle into a hammock, and let the cool sea breezes soothe your senses.
There is off-street parking for 2 cars.
Nestled away just off Byron Bay’s main street, San Juan Surfers Cottage is minutes from all the town’s top attractions. Discover Byron Bay’s most loved designer boutiques around the corner - including the Jonson Lane retail precinct, opened in November 2022 - or wander less than 10 minutes to explore Byron’s many shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Pet Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Approved schoolies groups permitted
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- DVD Player
- Fenced yard
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Facilities
- Non Smoking
- Smart TV
- Group restrictions - maximum of 4 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- Schoolies permitted at this property for suitable groups. All bookings must be approved directly by a member of APS staff after the schoolies terms and conditions have been discussed and accepted. See Terms and Conditions for more info.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
San Juan Surfers Cottage Location
San Juan Surfers Cottage Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay