Stylish warehouse apartment in heritage-listed building
This spacious light-filled warehouse apartment invokes images of iconic New York-style living with a modern industrial aesthetic, soaring ceilings and a wall of windows honouring the history of the area. Located in a Heritage-listed former silk mill on the edge of the Yarra River in Abbotsford, one of Melbourne’s most popular areas and only meters from extensive bush trails, Collingwood Children’s Farm, Studley Park Boathouse and Abbotsford Convent Arts Precinct.
Ideally located only minutes walking to vibrant eateries and (very cool) bars & cafes with the tranquil Yarra River and countryside environs at your doorstep it’s ideal for couples, singles, corporate executives and those who crave space and quiet. Live the envied warehouse lifestyle in this stunning converted apartment on the edge of the CBD designed to blend a modern décor whilst respecting industrial loft-style living.
First-class living in an outstanding location for an inner urban retreat and relax in style with superb open plan living/dining areas, polished concreate floors, fully appointed gallery kitchen with Miele appliances, gas cook top, and stone benchtops. This 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home includes a spacious loft-style mezzanine level featuring polished wooden floorboards that doubles as a second bedroom and recreation or work hub.
Silke’s building has a rich history of design and restoration. In 1937, architect Joseph Plottel transformed its original design into an inter-war moderne Art Deco style, adapting it for use as a manufacturing building for parachute silk during World War II. Later in 2005, architect Edgar Pirotta transformed the building from an industrial work space into modern apartments.
Silke is ideally located just 4.7km from Melbourne’s CBD, 5 minutes walk from the Abbotsford Convent Arts Precinct offering live events, music, performing arts, wellbeing, Farmers Markets & more. Collingwood Children’s Farm for daily organic produce, close to the vibrant suburbs of Collingwood, Fitzroy and Carlton. From your front door, you’re just minutes away from shops, cafes, bars, public transport and parks, making it an ideal place to discover everything the city has to offer. This apartment is perfect for those who want to stay close to a vibrant city lifestyle while only a step away from tranquil river bush tracks and the open fields of a country farm.
Please note, the property’s keysafe is located about 100m off-site. Access details will be provided to guests prior to arrival.
- 1 bedroom, 1 mezzanine, 1 bathroom, sleeps 4 (mezzanine not suitable for young children aged 7 years or under)
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Dual living spaces
- Antique-style furniture and ornaments
- Shared access to residents gym
- Ducted heating and cooling
- Floor to ceiling blinds
- Pet-friendly (please note, charges apply)
- Walking distance to cafes, shops, public transport, and parks
- 4.7km from Melbourne’s CBD
- Secure basement parking for 1 car
Silke features a spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen space, featuring quality cosy furnishings that add a soothing touch for moments of relaxation. Watch TV while lounging on the sofa or dining at the 6-seater antique wooden table. The open gallery kitchen - which boasts a stunning modern design – is fully equipped with Miele appliances, perfect for cooking.
The mezzanine level impresses with extra space available for 2 single sofa beds or another lounge, play area or work hub.
The main bedroom has bi-fold doors for privacy and the bathroom is tucked away on the opposite side of the communal area and features an alcove luxe spa-bath for deep relaxation and an enclosed shower.
The home has security intercom, fully-equipped residents’ gym and central heating/cooling system to make your stay more comfortable.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 4):
- Bedroom 1: queen bed
- Mezzanine: 2 single sofa beds
Bathroom 1: spa bath, shower, single vanity, toilet
Silke is close to Victoria Park, the extensive tranquil walking trails along the Yarra River and surrounding Studley Park Boathouse areas including Abbotsford Convent Arts Precinct gardens and Collingwood Children’s Farm. Head out for a jog or walk your pet around the neighbourhood and enjoy the gourmet delights of many wonderful eateries and cafes nearby.
The property includes a laundry equipped with a washer and a dryer.
Pets are welcome at this property (no cats) but must abide by our terms and conditions. Charges apply for bringing pets - please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you.
The home features secure basement parking for 1 car.
This impressive property on the city fringe is ideally positioned in Abbotsford, sitting on a quiet street close to Abbotsford Convent Arts Precinct, Collingwood Children’s Farm, the Main Yarra Trail, Studley Park Boathouse, Studley Park golf precinct and Victoria Gardens shopping. Wander to nearby cafes, gardens, parks and facilities, nearby to neighbourhoods Kew, Fitzroy and Clifton Hill. Stroll to local trains and buses in less than 10 minutes and arrive in Melbourne’s CBD in 15 minutes. Abbotsford is close to the vibrant Johnston Street and Smith Street business and shopping precinct.
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- Pet Friendly
- Air Conditioning
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- Washing Machine
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Boutique Stays. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Boutique Stays.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $400 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.