Stunning heritage-listed, 130-year-old apartment
Listed in the Victorian heritage register, The Vault is a stunning, one-of-a-kind apartment with a rich history that dates back to the 1890s.
Once the Kensington Property Exchange, the building has been lovingly transformed into a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment, while retaining many of its original features - including detailed architraves, gorgeous Zeppelin pendant lights, and an original steel vault in which the property draws its name.
From the eye-catching street corner door, enter through a mahogany vestibule into the original reception room, where you’ll be awestruck by the checkerboard marble-tiled floors, wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows, and a soaring 6m metal vaulted ceiling that’s head-turning in every way. This striking space is now home to combined living, bedroom and office space that is the height of luxury and style.
Off the reception area, the apartment opens to a designer bathroom that boasts dramatic tones and brass accents, delivering 5-star luxury. The Vault also includes a sleek oak kitchen - highlighted by a chic Italian ceramic bench - as well as a dining table.
Located opposite Kensington train station, and mere metres from shops, cafes and restaurants, The Vault is the ultimate fusion of history, luxury and convenience, offering a unique experience for all visitors.
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, sleeps 2
- 130-year-old, Victorian heritage-listed property
- Original architecture and furnishings, blending with contemporary comforts
- Combined living, office, and bed space
- Stylish kitchen with ceramic bench and stone fireplace
- Luxurious designer bathroom
- Lounge area with laser wall projector
- Office space with generous desk
- Wall heaters within property (no cooling)
- Pet-friendly (small dogs only; additional charges apply)
- 50m to shops, cafes and restaurants
- 100m from Kensington Train Station
- Less than 15 minutes to Flinders Street Station by train
- 4km from Melbourne CBD
- On-street parking only (no permit provided)
Spectacular at every turn, The Vault’s interior pays homage to the past while providing guests with all the modern creature comforts they could want.
For sleep, there’s a king-sized bed with tufted linen, bedhead, and two bedside tables with lamps. Guests can unwind on the designer sofa and take in a movie courtesy of the wall projector. The combined living and sleeping space also includes a generous desk, providing a work-from-home option.
The Vault boasts an impressive bathroom - styled with dark, moody tones, and sleek brass furnishings - as well as a luxury kitchen space that’s equipped with a dining table, as well as a fridge, dishwasher, convection microwave, and induction cooktop.
The home is complete with a generous walk-in wardrobe that once served as the property’s vault.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 2):
Bedroom 1: king bed, walk-in robe
Bathroom 1: shower, toilet, single vanity
The property includes a European-style laundry, equipped with a combined washer and dryer.
Pets are welcome at this property (small dogs only - additional charges apply) but must abide by our terms and conditions. Charges apply for bringing pets - please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you. The Vault is a minutes’ walk to the Kensington train station and parks nearby where guests can walk their pets.
The Vault does not include an allocated parking space, with on-street parking available nearby the property (permit not provided).
As far as Kensinton locations go, you’ll be hard-pressed to find better than The Vault. The property is located opposite the Kensington Train Station (100m), giving guests direct access to Flinders Street Station in as little as 15 minutes. The Vault is also on the doorstep of a host of local shops, cafes and restaurants, providing plenty of options to dine out during your visit.
- Pet Friendly
- New Listings
- Private House
- Study Area
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Kitchenette Only
- Laundry Facilities
- Non Smoking
- Pay TV
- Smart TV
- Streaming Service
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Boutique Stays. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Boutique Stays.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $400 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.